Monday, September 22, 2008

Vacation Day One

This is officially day 1 of vacation. No Jacuzzi time with Johnny....YET!! lol I did get the upstairs cleaned up and organized. Yeah!! Now one room is just for grandkids sleeping over and the other bedroom is set up as a play room. I even put together a Barbie Doll House that had been handed down from my sister-in-law. Came in pieces with no instructions but I have it together. I'm sure it looks nothing like the original but what the heck, they'll play with it. Had to throw a lot of little pieces away since we still have 2 little ones but there was 2 Ken dolls and must be about 20 Barbies of all shapes and sizes. Plus a Barbie RV which I know Jack will like but he likes playing house too. Of course, his playing house can consist of Miltary men bombing, or dolls doing daredevil feats of jumping off the roof.
The upstairs has been a 'catch all' since our kids moved out and it's nice to have the rooms and landing cleaned up. There is actually absolutely nothing sitting on the stairs waiting to be taken up! I even got the laundry done and the downstairs swept. Amanda is due anytime to be here with her 2 to let them run in hopes of tiring them out so they go to bed tonight and sleep so Mommy and Daddy can watch HEROS tonight. Stuff like that never worked for me but she can try. LOL I told her she better have a tapes ready...
I'm looking forward to the kids seeing what I've done today. Hope all who stop by here are doing well and I will try to stop by and post when I can.

Until next post.....

1 comment:

shakenbsis said...

I'm waaay behind on my blogging! (been doing some house cleaning of my own) it can b a sort of vacation in itself, feels sooo good to get it done!
I jsut love to be 'at home' once my house is clean!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, Johnny or no!