Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight Savings Time...

Spring forward....fall back. Indiana for the past couple years has observed the DST. Yesterday morning when I got up it didn't seem so bad to move the clocks up an hour. However, this morning was another day! Ugh, hate driving to work in the dark again. It's not that I don't like DST. I just don't understand why they can't start it later in the year. If they started it just a wee 3-4 weeks later then the sun would be starting up and at least the kids waiting for buses would be more visible. Yes, yes, you should always be careful and drive safely but we all know that things happen. I don't have kids at home any more but there are still quite a few that I see on my way to work that stand/play, in the dark, at the end of their driveway.

The local newspaper had an article yesterday by, what I can only assume, a pro-DST reporter. It stated the top argument from Hoosiers about DST is that their bodies have trouble adjusting. Let's get real here! It's only an hour, not jet lag!! I'm not a fan of DST but I adjust pretty quickly. My only problem is the darkness in the morning in early spring and the lightness at 10:00 at night in July-August. Hard to get to sleep with daylight peeking at you when your not used to it. That is one thing I guess I don't adjust to quickly. A long time ago, in another lifetime, I was a night owl. Thirty years of working 8-5 has completely converted me to a day person.

Grrrrr lost power here at work! Again!! Right in the middle of my train of thought! I was on a roll too. Or at least I thought I was lol...

Power went out this morning also for about 1-1/2 hours. This time it is was just a bleep. Just enough to have to restart everything. Can you imagine if you worked in a clock shop today? You would have had to reset clocks when you got to work only to have the power go out and have to set them again!! Ok, maybe I'm the only one who thinks that is hilarious...

Gotta go for now...until next post....

No comments: