Monday, March 16, 2009

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!

The announcement that AIG is to give their executives over $165 million in bonus pay has me seeing red!!!! These are the same people who put the company in financial trouble to start with and who's poor business practices and immoral lending began the tumble of the US into a major economic crisis!! Oh sure, 25 of these people had said they will work for $1/year. Well, hell, so would I if I knew I was getting $6+ million bonus to tide me over....grrrrrrrrrrrrr If you or I caused our company to be in such financial straits, we wouldn't HAVE a job. These people need to be put on the unemployment line and see how the real people live! It will never happen but they should be forced to live on the street like they have forced so many others to have to do.

I would love to go on CNN when they are talking to these bozos just so I can harrumph and snicker to their faces!!! I still blame this on Bush and Cheney. Bush was so focused on killing the man who tried to kill his Daddy that he lost focus on the homeland and the real war we should have been fighting, al Qaeda! Remember when a reporter said something to Bush about the gas prices, back when it was over $3 and $4, and he didn't have a clue what the reporter was talking about? He had lost touch with 'his subjects' just as surely as King George III did back in 1776!

Ok, stepping off the soap box. Just had to let that out. Besides, this is my blog. Don't like what I say? Get your own blog LOL

How about a trip down memory lane? A friend sent me an email full of wonderfully old pictures when things were less hectic...

25¢ Gas anyone?
(yea, I found out where to find the cent sign!)






Anyone remember these?


We actually still have this McDonald's sign in town. Granted it doesn't say 15¢ anymore....






Anyone know what this






or this?

Did you go to a school with Fire Escape Tubes?










This is what you saw late at night when TV wasn't 24/7.









Thanks Lynn!! I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane....

Until next post...

No comments: