Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to the Land of the Living....almost

Yep, I have a pulse....and I'm breathing....must be alive! Bronchitis is a bitch of a cold! I still have some congestion in my chest but maybe, hopefully, I'm headed in the right direction.

Spent most of the weekend surfing the web. Checking out the Blogs to keep up with any Public Enemy news. Not much happened this weekend. They are set to do some long-haul filming in Chicago. I will definitely be keeping a weathered eye on the Chicago filming in case I get the chance to drive up and see anything or Johnny. I don't see this happening simply because of it being in Chicago. Going to Crown Point was one thing, but Chicago? If I were to go by myself again everyone would be worried about my safety. I think I would be fine but at same time don't want to have everyone worrying. I would love to go check it out and maybe go by where I used to live up there. Our first apartment after we got married was a flat on S. Pulaski Blvd!

If anyone visits here that isn't familiar with some of the sites I visit you NEED to check out 'Public Enemy - Columbus Blog and the JDR links here on my page! Rod and the gang at PE- Col are hilarious and very accurate on filming information. He has interesting tidbits and off-the-wall articles that will make you stop and think or so wacky you just crack up!...depending on how HIS day is going lol Also, last week, the web mistress of JDR was interviewed by ChcagoActor. Here's a link to the article: http://chicagoactor.com/blog/blog/2008/05/16/depps-den-2/
Karen and all the Mods run a very dignified and homey site. I love reading all the interviews with the authors. Of course, both sites have had a lot of posts from people's meet-and-greet experiences. I am so looking forward to this movie. More so than the Pirates 2 & 3!

I have to show-off our newest graduate. Her daddy graduated last weekend but here's a picture of Miss Faith: She is the one standing by the balloons on the left waving at the camera. She's never been camera shy, God love her. She graduated from the Day Care School and will start all-day Kindergarten. They grow up so fast! And to think 5 years ago we thought it would be forever until we had grandkids lol and now we are up to 5!








The race last weekend had it's good moments (Kyle Busch blew an engine he he he) and some bad (Jeff finished 15th grrr) but it's not a points race so they better keep working on things! Honestly, there is something going on with the chemistry or something. Maybe Jeff just can't get a feel for this new car. Either way they seriously need to step it up if he's going to get another championship!


I saw where there were several very strong 'aftershocks' in China that has collapsed some of the already damaged buildings. News reports also show some rivers that have been blocked by landslides rising and backing up to make new lakes that are threatening to flood residential areas. Flooding seems to be the worry around the Chaiten Volcano too. The ash that has fallen has swollen the rivers to overflowing. The Chile government has pushed back the evacuation zone from 30 miles to 90 miles around volcano. Many assume the volcano isn't done since it is still rumbling and spitting.


Okay, I had better get some work done before lunch!

Wait!!! One more quick picture of our peacock that wondered into our yard on New Year's weekend. We have since found out (3 months later) that our neighbor had bought a male and female to have around. Well, the female was killed (he didn't say how) and he thought the male had taken off....uh yeah it did....to the next door neighbors who keep cat food outside 24/7 DUH!! :P

Isn't he a beauty!? We call him Big Bird...not very original but hey (shrug) lol

No comments: