Thursday, May 8, 2008

Office drama!!!

It's too bad some people take things so seriously!! The unthinkable has happened!! A co-worker and I wore look-a-like sweaters!! Well, mine is blue and hers is off-white. Geesh, too funny, or I think it is. I don't think she does but what the heck, she doesn't like me much anyway and she doesn't sign my paychecks. I have just been getting more stares than usual today from her. Besides, I was the first one here today :D If it had been anyone else in the office but me and her it would have been the joke of the day but as it is her...no one has said a word... he he he

Saw where Myanmar let the UN send some relief supplies in for the victims of the cyclone. They still won't allow any US ships or help. Sometimes I can't blame them. Our politicians don't present us very well at times. Hence, we have a bad reputation among other countries. There are some leaders I don't like either but I try to keep in mind that the people of those countries are probably no different than us.

Which brings me to our own elections. Have no clue what I will do come election day or who I will ultimately vote for. I'm registered Democrat. I look at the 2 candidates and try to see them as other leaders would. A lot of the countries that we are having trouble with don't deal well with women, period. Would they even respect Hillary Clinton as 'Leader of the Free World'? Then there is
Obama, we have so much racism in our own country are we ready for a 'black' president? That leaves McCain but he's a republican and so many people are ready to get the republicans out of Washington. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

The
Chaiten volcano continues to spew ash and gases. A satellite picture from NASA shows the ash cloud traveling across South America and out into the Atlantic ocean. There are ash alerts in New Zealand and Argentina has blood-red skies. There were about 30 people who just would not evacuate within the 30 miles radius so the government ask the court for permission to go in and forcibly evacuate the last few people, which the court did. I just feel so bad for the animals that had to be left behind. One report I saw said over 25000 cattle in danger. That is too many to move and nothing to do but wait and see. :(

4 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Hey Sandsitive,

Just noticed you have a blog. Like your profile pic, I love "Once Upon a Time..." One of these days I'm actually gonna try the pork dish = )

My mom is CRAZY for Jeff! I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I tune in once in a while so I can chat semi-intelligently with her = )

Good day to you fellow Johnny lover!

Betty

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Yeah, I decided to try out this blogging stuff. Rod, got me hooked!! lol
I've turned my whole family into NASCAR fans!! Last yr for my 50th BD my parents got me suites seat tickets, tour and meet-n-greet with Richard Childress and they had their motorhome parked a block away from track gate for 3 days during the Brickyard. Was awesome!! Your mom will know who Richard is if I lost ya lol.
Have fun at Kurth's tonight if you're going and good luck with the next round of filming....

shakenbsis said...

I know, that Rod... = )

How awesome that your family gave you such a wonderful gift! Sounds like the experience of a lifetime.

You're right, I have no idea who Richard is, I was googling him to try to impress you but my computer crashed! That'll teach me not to try to look smarter than I am, It'll make for good conversation next time I talk with my mom! LOL

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hi Girlfriend , what a nice site you have. I am Impressed !! Interesting and news worthy and shows some of your sense of Humor as well .... Im so proud to call you my friend and I will be back to visit again .... Linda