Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Holiday weekends!!!


First I want to post this picture taken in 1918 that I received in an email. It's just too awesome:
Base to shoulder: 150 feet
Right arm: 340 feet

Widest part of arm holding torch: 12 1/2 feet

Right thumb: 35 feet

Thickest part of body: 29 feet

Left hand length: 30 feet

Tablet in left hand: 27 feet

Flame on torch: 600 feet

Flame and torch combined: 980 feet

Face: 60 feet

Nose: 21 feet

Longest spike of head piece: 70 feet

Number of men in flame: 12000

Number of men in torch: 2800

Number of men in right arm: 1200

Body, head and balance of figure only: 2000

Total: 18000


Awesome, huh? For more information and other pictures
http://tinyurl.com/2wmd8c

After being sick for 2 weeks I was really looking forward to a long weekend. Figured out the Mucinex was causing my upset stomach so stopped taking that on Saturday. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Friday after work, Jeremy called to tell us that he and Tiffany were horsing around and the long and the short of it is, she jumped on him while he was lying on the couch and they both went tumbling. He had his glasses messed up but Tiffany broke her left calf bone in 5 places!!! She underwent surgery to put 2 rods in her leg and had to stay overnight at hospital. She is home and resting comfortably. There went their summer!!
Saturday Bob's dad called and his Mom wanted the TV in their bedroom brought over to nursing home, NOW!! She has always gotten what she wanted, when she wanted so this should be no different, right? Except, Vernon (dad) had just had surgery 2 weeks ago and can't lift anything. So, at 8:00am Bob heads to Richmond to help his dad get the TV over there. Of course something wouldn't go right (Murphy's Law) they couldn't get the Universal Remote to work soooo they go out and buy her a new one!!. Flat screen with DVD player!! Now, I may be a Nurse Hatchett BUT this woman needs to be doing therapy...not laying around watching TV and movies!!! Whenever the physical therapist comes in to start her on anything she just throws a fit and says she doesn't want to. (taking large step to get off my soapbox...again)He doesn't get home until after 4:00pm so that day is shot! It was about this time that I knew for sure it was the Mucinex making me sick and I was feeling at least 70% better.
Sunday we lazed around for a few hours then Bob went to help Tom finish up some roofing on their house. Amanda and the kids came over and I start some charcoal. By the time I had the hamburgers and brats. finished the guys were pulling up. We all dished up and ate while we watched the last of the Nascar race.
Monday was a stay at home day. We played games on the comp. then Bob mowed and I did a dark load of laundry. The dryer shut off early so went down to basement to see what was going on and, yep...you guessed it, the dryer is shot! At least the clothes were dry! I decided it was a Johnny night and we/I watched some 21 Jumpstreet. I even setup my laptop in the bathroom so I could watch while I was in the Jacuzzi!! LOL That's a first!!

Now, it's Tuesday and back to work and I feel 95% better except the fact that I'm at work and not at home and I have invoicing to do....

Hope anyone reading had a safe and fun holiday.

2 comments:

shakenbsis said...

WOW! that's amazing = )

Sounds like your weekend was jam packed. hope you're feeling better soon...

Karen said...

Was certainly interesting!!Thank you, yes, I'm feeling better. Feel 100% today and cough has vamoosed!! yea!!