Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Volcanos, Earthquakes and Movies

Has been an interesting past few days. Saturdays wedding went well. Kyle and Brittney are off on their honeymoon. They had a band at the reception and was fun to dance with Faith and Lilly! The lead singer was flirting with Faith and she with him! He didn't know just how comfortable she is around bands since her Daddy's in one! Was kind of hard at first, when the band began playing. My thoughts always turn to Phil and how much I miss having him in my life. Not going to dwell on the sad things, though. Was good to see everyone and we got to visit with Helen (mother-in-law) and after the ceremony the bride and groom went to visit her before they came to the reception. I just think that was so great of them and kudos for including Helen in the festivities!

Sunday Bob decided to do some trimming on the bushes and saplings. Around 2:00 he had a limb flip back and hit him in the eye. Finally had to take him to the Urgent Care Center to have it looked at. They told him he had scratched his cornea but they felt that he should have it checked by an MD. They gave him some ointment to use overnight and a name of a Eye Dr. that may be able to see him quick. We didn't work Monday and got into see Dr at 1:00. Doctor could already see signs of healing and gave him some eye drops to help with the inflammation. Within hours he was able to hold it open for more than a few seconds and by Tuesday morning most of the redness had faded to pink. Alls well that ends well....

Tuesday was primary voting day here in Indiana. Clinton won by a small margin. Was kind of interesting to watch the results come in. Don't know yet who is getting the job for President but I don't envy them. What a mess they will inherit! I know they are all saying we need a change but nobody can fix some of the problems we are facing in 4 years.

Just before I went to lunch Tuesday I saw on CNN that a volcano in Southern Chile erupted. It was a major event. Huge gas and ash cloud. The whole town of Chaiten (4,000) was evacuated. I have been saying for awhile that something was going on with the planet. Some areas that were active with earthquakes has quieted down whereas places that haven't had earthquakes in long time are getting them. We had an earthquake here (in Illinois but felt here) a few weeks back and has been 40 years since one that strong hit this area. There have been swarms of earthquakes in Alaska and Nevada. Reno NV has had around 400 quakes in the past 2 months. I really think Mother Nature is trying to tell us she's had it with us!

On the movie scene...things are shaking and baking (did I just tell my age!?) The 'Mann army' has been doing some covert moves on my neighbors up north. He sly as a fox and slick as a weasel! There must be thousands of people following his every move but somehow he has managed to slide in a few shooting locations under the radar. His trickery of changing the schedule has me and everyone scrambling to keep up. It's really quite exciting to follow the making of a movie to this detail even though I'm technically on the side lines now that the shooting in Crown Point is over. I love seeing all the set photos from everyone, the stories of meeting Johnny, the stories from movie extras and especially the stories of strangers meeting and making new friends. I feel like I know some of the people who post on Rod's blog and have met up with each other just by reading their posts. I envy them for being able to meet with others that are enjoying the process of movie making but glad they are having such a great time and making new friends. I know on my trip to Crown Point I talked to a lot of people and was thoroughly entertained by the kids I talked to. Nothing will surpass my moment when Johnny Depp said 'Hi' to ME! (sigh)

On that happy thought...I will leave you...until next post.

Today is a gift....have fun! Dustin age 11 (childrenshospice.org)

No comments: