Monday, August 11, 2008

Best laid plans....

After the way the weekend went, I was starting to feel paranoid this morning. Came on line and was checking my usual blogs and sites. On one blog it wouldn't let me add comments (your comments aren't working Osh). Next I went to Rod's blog and saw he had dropped me from his blog list :( Then I saw others couldn't leave comments so hoping it's just a 'blog thing' and not me!?

Anyone seen Corpse Bride? The 'my time' didn't work out 'according to plan'! About 9am Saturday one of Hubby's hunting buddies showed up to get some wood from where we have been cutting down trees. Once loaded they were standing around talking so I ran to vet. for flea medication for the cats before one of them needed Prozac! Came back and friend was gone but Amanda, Tom and the kids were there. And it's not even NOON yet?! Needless to say, Hubby didn't go to Richmond to see his Mom, nor did the yard get mowed. Sat. night Hubby's Dad called and he sounded pretty much at his wits end.


When my Grandma had to be put in a nursing home for her last days the family pitched in and someone stayed with her 24/7 so she would have a familiar face around and to make sure the staff didn't ignore her needs. We had one of those dry-erase boards we kept our schedule on. Most times, even if we weren't needed to stay with her, we would go in anyway just to be therewith whoever was there because it's so hard to see a loved one like that. But his Dad doesn't have that support. It's unbelievable to me because Hubby has a sister and a brother that live in same town and they aren't helping at all. We even asked them to just stop by the house so Dad doesn't have an empty house all the time but they don't.


So, Sunday, Hubby went down to visit with his Mom at the nursing home and help his Dad out at the house. Basically he just spent time with his Dad and got his mind off things. And I finally got my 'me time'.....NOT ugh!! I got to mow the yard. The one day since forever that I get the house to myself and I have to mow. It takes about 4 hours to mow the yard, so that pretty much takes up the whole day. I didn't even get to watch the race! Blasphemy! I did take a quick break from mowing and checked the TV at one point. Saw where Jeff was back in 23rd place and Kyle Busch was leading and went back outside. Mowing didn't seems so bad after all. Tired of seeing that twerp, Kyle Busch, winning.

When hubby got home he was telling me how he and his Dad were messing around in the garage and his Dad came across these 2 Ball jars full on buttons. They were from Hubby's grandma and I couldn't wait to go through them! A few of the buttons were still on the cards! Some she had put together on old safety pins or wire. 2 of the cards had dates: 1925 and 1933! I took pictures of them but I didn't get them downloaded to the computer last night so hopefully I will be able to post them tomorrow. I just love old stuff! He also brought home an old saw that had been his Grandpa's. It's every bit of 5 feet long. I googled and found this one that is similar but will post some pics when I get them. This one isn't a very good picture.



The bottle of Merlot is still unopened but I doubt it stays that way for long.
Take care....until next post....

1 comment:

Karen said...

2 posts with the mention of fleas and now my google ad is about 'Instant Kill Flea Control'!! too funny!!