Friday, August 29, 2008

Cookouts and holidays

Wow, been a few days since I posted and I had to dust off the cobwebs and wipe down the tables. Meant to post this morning but the Controller here surprised us by planning a cookout for lunch so I had to get some of my work done early. Now I'm waiting on one of the girls to get back with our Dairy Queen Blizzards!!! Mmmmm I'm getting the Oreo :)
Hoping you all have a safe and fun holiday. Keep anyone in the path of Gustav and Hanna in your prayers. Not sure yet where either one of them is headed but prayers never hurt.
Jack and Maggie are recovering along with their Momma, who came down with a sore throat on Tuesday (surprise). The only thing we have planned this weekend is a birthday party for my Dad on Sunday.

Oh did you see the new photo with Johnny Depp. It's him and his band, The Kids, with Dan Marino. Johnny and the band are doing a concert and some of the benefits are going to promoter Sheila Wilkens and one of Dan's Charities.



I also added a new blog to my list, Organized Doodles. Blogger, Rick, had left a comment here and I followed him back. He's a great caricature artist and has a wicked sense of humor. Check it out when you can.
Mmmmm....my Blizzard is here!!!!!! This is delicious!! Ice cream + Oreo = heaven!!! I definitely won't be eating super tonight LOL
I've also been busy trying to catch up on some french lessons ou françaises leçons. I have slacked off ever since Public Enemies started shooting and need to get back into it. Imagine that!! So much to do...so little time.
Wowsa, I just got a system message tell us we could leave an hour early today. Hot damn, I need to finish stuff up so I can get the 'H' out of here. Have a safe holiday....until next post.