Friday, August 8, 2008

It's downhill to the weekend!!

Now that I have my temper worked off my weekend is looking pretty good! lol The blog is all cleaned up. The house is cleaned up, dishes caught up and the laundry's done so there was some good that came out of Weds. anger! After work yesterday had to stop by the vet. to get some flea meds. for Natasha (Momma), Nadia and Sami (short for Samhein Esmerelda-we got her at Halloween). I think we carried the fleas into the house with us since none of these girls EVER go outside. All day long all I could think about was getting home to a glass of Merlot and a long soak in the tub.

I never did open the bottle of Merlot but while Hubby was eating I fill the Jacuzzi with hot water and grabbed a book :) The Merlot could wait for the weekend! Heaven!
Hubby was talking about going to visit his Mom on Sat. so I may take that day for a 'my time' day. I'm thinking, boot him out the door, get the Merlot and a stack of Johnny DVD's should just about do it! We'll see.

The 'boys' (nascar drivers) are at Watkins Glen this weekend. It's a road course and Jeff used to be the 'Road King' but the other drivers have caught up to him. I blame this on the computer games. The drivers have said this themselves. That they play to get familiar with the tracks. Does that mean I could go out there and be competitive with them? NOT! lol

High School Band Day was at the State Fair weds. The Southside Rebels won it. Here's a link to the local newspaper who has a video of their morning performance.

http://tinyurl.com/6azaxq

Believe me I KNOW how HARD these kids have worked. Not only from my own experience but because I drive by that school daily on my way home and have seen them practicing in this heat! There must be special guardian angels for band kids and their parents!

I got a call from Amanda at lunch. Seeee, I took a lunch break and you didn't even miss me! ha ha! She and her hubby were to go out to eat tonight for their anniversary but Maggie's babysitter had to back out. So, guess it's MawMaw to the rescue! I'll swing by and get her on my way home. Jack is staying with an Aunt on the other side of the family. At least she's the easy one to keep up with, for now.

Looking forward to the Olympics. I will definitely be watching the Opening Ceremonies. I'll fess up now and say I've already been checking out YouTube and it looks like it will be awesome. We have always followed the Olympics. Me, Hubby and the kids would always watch the ceremony together. The winter Olympics more than the summer. Was very surprised when Beijing won the bid for 2008. They have a lot of issues with other countries but hopefully everything will go smooth. So far the only problem has been the smog.

Ok, gotta get some work done. Take care......until next post


2 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Enjoy your Merlot/JD me time!!!
(sounds heavenly)

I missed the ceremonies alst night adn screwed up my recording, grrr...

Karen said...

If only I got to do just that!

The ceremony was great. Hopefully Rod will get you a copy of what he has. I won't say anymore so I don't spoil it for you ;)