Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things I should be doing...

I should be running the sweeper, dusting, laundry or any number of things I don't get done through the week. The Hubby got a call early today from his hunting buddy to come over and help him. They lost power to part of the house and he can't track down the problem. So I have the house to myself for a time. Instead of getting stuff done around the house, here I am playing on the Internet and watching Gustav's progress. I uploaded new pics of grandkids to add to the 'Kafe' slide show, did up the dishes and started the tea syrup. So that's something! I also took some pics of our indoor cats:
Here's Samhein (Sami), the queen of the house. She was indoors first so I guess that's appropriate. Yesterday was her birthday but we didn't get her until almost Halloween, hence the name. Samhein Festival is what Halloween evolved from. I can't remember how old she is (bad mommy) but she's the youngest indoors. I think she's 5 today but it could be 6. She keeps trying to walk across my keyboard so she's looking for attention....again. When we want her to come to us she won't unless it's something she wants to do.


Next up is Natasha or we call her Momma. When I was leaving for work one day I heard a truck coming up the road and as it cleared the tree line I see this cat jump out from underneath it and roll in the road! I holler for it but it takes off into the corn field. A couple days later Hubby calls me outside and asks "Is that the cat you saw?" and there she is coming across the yard. I put out food and water and she makes herself at home. I tried a coupe times to find that truck parked at a house down the road but never did. I have no idea how long she road under the truck until it slowed down for the culvert. I wasn't long before she had 5 kittens and we got her fixed. A few years back a dog (the neighbors but we couldn't prove it) got a hold of her and practically ripped her left front leg off and we had to have it amputated and she became an indoor cat. It doesn't slow her down and she got the nickname Tripod. Not sure how old she was when she arrived on our doorstep but she's been here about 12 years.


Meet Nadia, she is one of Momma's kittens and stayed outside. In fact she loved it outdoors. Then a few years ago we had coyotes move into the area and animals were disappearing so we brought her in. Now she will look outside and snubs her nose at it. She knows where the easy life is. Yes, in this picture, she is laying on my kitchen table. Cats rule in this house or suffer the consequences. She is 10 years old now. She likes to sleep on Hubby's feet. Doesn't matter where he is, wherever he sits down that's where she goes.
This is the newest addition to the household and the easiest to take care of. My second puppet, Pearl Sock. She loves kids and loves to talk. I've yet to get her some arms made but the kids love her and the cats are afraid of her! LOL
Well, I've got the roast started while blogging and the tea finished up. Talked to my best friend, Linda, (Hi Linda and Jim!!) to let her know 'her' Jimmie is racing tonight in the Nationwide series race. Hubby is back home and the power trouble was the fault of the Electric Company. Seems they had a ground wire break off so it was an easy fix. As I said, lots to do today. We have a birthday party tomorrow for my Dad, 72, so the whole family will be together again. Have a fun weekend everyone and safe holiday! Until next post.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey (((GF)))) nice job on pictures and cats and story.... sure was great talking to you today esp on speaker phone ...and thank you for mentioning me and Jim here ( smile big), glad you had some free time ...mmmmmmmmmm roast sounds good I think we going to have Philly cheese steaks and i sure hope my tooth ache doesnt prevent me from enjoying them ( jim is cooking) .... love you .... FF

shakenbsis said...

Love the kitty intro's Karen!